“Rachel's style, pitching of the material, and feedback was superb. Well worth the investment.”
NEO course delegate
Aims and objectives
This popular one-day masterclass is designed for people experienced in using personality questionnaires other than the NEO PI-3, with the concept and scales underlying this five factor tool. The NEO PI-3 is internationally recognised as the ‘gold standard’ instrument with which to measure personality. It can be used across a broad range of occupations and is particularly suited for middle to senior management assessments where a comprehensive description of temperament and behavioural style is required for informed selection, internal promotion and individual development decisions.
On successful completion of the course, delegates are certified to purchase and use the NEO family of tests.
About the NEO Personality Inventory
The NEO PI-3 is a detailed measure of business-related personality traits describing personality across five broad domains and thirty underlying facets. The 240-item questionnaire is available in an online format, where users can access the results as an automatically-produced, detailed narrative report. A paper and pencil version NEO PI-3 is available.
The high amount of detail gained from the questionnaire provides a platform for substantial investigation into an individual’s behavioural style and temperament. The five broad domains measured are Extraversion; Negative Emotion; Openness to Experience; Agreeableness and Conscientiousness. The five-factor model delivers informed data applicable to working style, leadership style, team style, training needs, conflict resolution, decision-making style and stress management.
Our courses are highly individualised, run in small numbers and place emphasis on the practical use of the NEO PI-3, using ‘real life' volunteer candidates on which to carry out the practical coursework.
Our trainers, who have many years’ experience in using the NEO family of tests in practical situations, cover:
- An overview of personality and the different personality theories.
- Background information about the NEO, including its history and development.
- Information on the different types of tests within the NEO family.
- Problems to look for in personality testing.
- How to administer the test, including how to score and mark the NEO and detailed test procedures to be followed.
- How to interpret the test results.
- How to prepare and provide the verbal and written feedback on an individual’s test results.
All course materials are included in the course fee. The public course includes a complimentary NEO PI-3 UK Edition Professional Manual.
In order to gain certification, delegates must complete written and practical coursework. This includes assessment of the delegate’s performance on practical areas, such as:
- How the test administration was carried out, such as provision of instructions.
- Carrying out the verbal feedback to the candidate and how information from the NEO test was linked to this feedback.
Please note that this course requires delegates to hold a minimum of a BPS Test User Occupational Personality certificate. If you don't currently have a TUOP certificate, we offer options for training in both Test User Occupational Ability and Personality here.
Choose the course format that suits you best
In-house course (1 day) - Please contact us for details about pricing.
- Between four and six delegates trained at a time.
- Convenient and cost effective.
- Courses are adapted for organisational requirements.
- Total immersion in the subject.
Public course (1 day) £405 + VAT (per person)
- Total immersion in the subject, away from the distractions of the office.
- Opportunity to share views and ideas with delegates from other organisations.
Dates of our next public courses are:
- Monday 20th April 2020